10 Step plan to having more time.
Have you recently felt stretched too thin, overworked & underutilized, busy but not so productive? We have this inclination to cram everything in and take nothing out.
As our time slowly slips away, it’s harder to fit in a consistent workout routine. So naturally, we set our alarm to wake up earlier and blast through a 60-minute workout or crank through a 5 mile run before the day gets away from us.
But let me ask you this: Does more time equal better health? Better fat loss? Better energy? Better “look good before vacation or the next big event?”
When we lose sight of our intentions, we redouble our efforts. We mistake movement for achievement. All leading us to feel overworked and overcommitted.
To free up time in your schedule, here are 10 steps you can begin taking today to regain the feeling of control and accomplishment:
- Wake up 30 minutes before your kids do.
- Set out your kid’s clothes, pack lunches and backpacks the night before.
- Limit your “To-Do” list to only 3 items per day
- Say “No” without the guilt of allowing for more “me time” in your day.
- Lay out your workout clothes the night before.
- Remind yourself that you are strong and capable of leading and loving healthy ways.
- Schedule a 30-minute workout with a friend to sweat a bit while connecting.
- Pause 60 seconds to sit quietly, take a breath and remind yourself of one thing you’re grateful for.
- Be selective with social media time.
- Give yourself permission to… (you’re choice)
When you give yourself permission to stop doing it all, to stop spinning your wheels trying to get everything done, to stop feeling the social pressure to follow this dry chicken diet and that crazy intense workout routine, you’ll restore the quality of life you were looking for all along.
So you have my permission to do less, but in a focused way.
It’s not about how to get more things done on your journey; it’s about how to get the right things done.