2 Mile Challenge
As kids, running a mile in PE probably was a standard practice.
As adults, running 3 miles earns you 10,000 steps.
But what about the neglected middle mile: The 2nd? (for those of you who were the middle child, I feel your pain!).
We often run right past this magical 2nd mile as we charge ahead to the 3rd. In the process, we feel that…
– only the weak stop at 2
– only the unfit stop at 2
– only the not so committed stop at 2
– only the old people stop at 2
– only the not serious runners stop at 2
When we pass judgement on this lonely 2nd mile, we build up this false accomplishment that we’re better because we go 3 miles.
This is when we begin to mistake movement for achievement.
So today or tomorrow, set out to push yourself hard enough that you earn your rest at 2 miles.
Whether your fast walk, walk / run, run fast or push for a personal best, wrap up your next run at 2 miles.
As you cool down, make note of what the gremmilins start wispering in your head:
– Should have gone that next mile.
– That’s not enough, you need more.
– You call that a workout?
– What are my friends going to say when I say “All I did was 2?”
– The guys are going to get a laugh when the jokes on me for not manning up and going longer.
Fitness isn’t won through comparision.
It’s won through daily healthy choices over the long-term.
Knock out those 2miles and give us a big thumbs up when you do.