A Sustainable Fat Loss Checklist
When it comes to fat loss, we’re often faced with some pressing questions. Do you…
- Work out on an empty stomach?
- Not eat fruit because of its sugar content?
- Do cardio daily for 45 minutes?
- Not eat red meat?
- Do high-intensity workouts most days of the week?
- Go fat-free / sugar-free to avoid the extra calories?
And so the questions go, getting more specific as they relate to your individual situation. The funny thing about all these questions is that they all have the same response:
Depends on the consistency of the bigger picture.
A solid foundation is the key to any building structure withstanding the test of time. When the foundation is right, the walls and ceiling are right. It’s only after everything from a structural standpoint is sound, do we start to place the right desk next to the ideal rug with the perfect painting on the wall.
The same goes with fat loss. You’ll begin to see amazing changes in your waistline and energy when you follow this simple blueprint:
Your Foundation (3-6 months)
- Sleep: 7+ hrs nightly
- Food: Is there a better choice?
Your Structure (walls & ceiling)
- Lifting Weights: 2-3 days a week
- Conditioning: 1-2 days a week
- Low level activity: Walking, biking (not spin classes), playing: 1-2 days a week
Your Interior Design
- Once your foundation and structure have been consistently in place for 3-6 months, then we can ask the typical pressing fat loss questions.
- It’s at this time you can begin to experiment with different ways of tweaking your food and training.
If you start with the decorations, you’ll notice there’s no lasting success. You’ll simply chase every new fat loss cardio diet plan that’s trending on Instagram because you’re missing a proper foundation for sustainable success.