Stubborn belly fat | What to do first
Stress is healthy when it comes in seasons:
- busy kids schedule, heavy travel, deadline at work, moving, remodeling, etc.
But your health and weight bear the brunt when there’s a never ending, daily drip of minor stress on the treadmill of real life:
- Wake up tired after not sleeping enough.
- Eat a sugary breakfast: cereal, toast, muffin, yogurt, OJ, milk
- Knock back a few cups of caffeine typically loaded with more sugar
- Frothy top = whipped up sugar
- Jump on the eating roller coaster of carb-dominate meals and snacks.
- Continue feeling stressed and tired.
- Wind down with a few glasses of wine.
- Go to bed exhausted with only 6 hours to sleep before waking up again.
What that means to you?
Once you begin functioning like this long enough, you start to forget what normal and well rested feels like. These low-grade, self-induced, stressed out days account for almost 2/3s of all doctor visits.
After you string enough of these days together, the dreaded and stubborn belly fat takes up residence. This leads us to make some very irrational choices on our quest to “get rid of” the extra layer on our midsection.
What can you do?
First, begin to ID the source of the constant drip:
- Poor diet
- Poor sleep
- Unhealthy relationships
- Suppressed emotions
- Emotional stress
Next, make an effort to focus on the choices and behaviors within your control.
- Can’t control how well you sleep, but you can turn off your lights 15 minutes early.
- Can’t control a 10 lbs weight loss, but you can add more fat and protein to your breakfast to keep you fuller longer.
- Can’t control your partner, but you can address your concerns instead of drinking to cope.
- Can’t control your social media feeds, but you can choose to unfollow those you constantly compare your life to.
- Can’t control where the fat loss happens on your body, but you can follow a 6 month proven system to achieve total fat loss.
Lastly, never overlook the power of simplicity.
- Simplicity means the achievement of maximum effect with minimum means.
Getting rid of the stubborn belly fat isn’t a complicated formula to stress over. It’s about taking ownership of the daily choices you make and being consistent for the next 6 months. Once you’ve held yourself accountable to the proven system for an extended period of time, then you can take a quick glance in the mirror or step on the scale and give yourself a pat on the back.