Train with tomorrow in mind
Working out isn’t about exhausting ourselves.
It’s about uncovering the balance between just enough and still some left in the tank for later today.
Because you still have work, meetings, family time, kid events, friends over for dinner, and that ever growing to-do list to tackle.
In real life, there’s no last chance workout if you’re aiming to travel the sustainably fit and healthy journey. When you train with the long-term game in mind, you’ll begin to understand that there’s always tomorrow:
- There’s always another day when your shoulder starts barking at you telling you to slow down.
- There’s always another day when your back yells “Cut it out!!!”
- There’s always another day when the scale doesn’t budge.
- There’s always another day when you can’t see straight because you’re running on fumes, yet you scheduled a killer spin class.
- There’s always another day when exhaustion and hungry become a way of life in pursuit of your “healthy” goals.
You don’t have to leave it all on the line, every session, every meal, every day.
When you train with tomorrow in mind, you realize the need to calm down a bit and treat your body with respect and care needed to thrive throughout the next 30, 40 or 50 years.
When you train with today in mind, you are sucked into comparing yourself, your workout, your calories crushed, your post-workout selfie with every one else. And when you start to play the comparison game, you soon realize: There’s no win in comparison.
Respect yourself, your tomorrow, your future grandkids by focusing on one of the foundational pillars of a sustainalbe and fit life:
Train with tomorrow in mind.